A Fitness Youtuber for Everybody

Tiare Delgado, Staff Writer

With almost a year of quarantine and a semester of online school down, most high school students spend their days sitting. Whether it be sitting in front of a computer watching a zoom lecture or sitting in front of a television screen binging the latest season of a Netflix original show, a large portion of our day is taken up by maintaining in this sedentary position. While it is tempting and easy to spend our free time sitting and relaxing, especially after an exhausting day of online school, it is more important than ever to include some form of physical activity in our everyday routine. But it can be so difficult to start, especially on your own. Thankfully, you don’t have to! There are plenty of fitness YouTubers who curate workout routines and plans that are available to do from the comfort of your own home. Here is a list of fitness YouTubers who can help you begin (or continue) your fitness journey!

Madfit

Maddie Lymburner, or as she’s known to her 5.3 million YouTube subscribers as Madfit, is a fitness influencer who posts real time work outs on her YouTube channel. She has a variety of workouts ranging from 30-minute full-body high-intensity workouts or dance party workouts to music from stars like Ariana Grande and One Direction. With her wide range of options, you are sure to find something that you can enjoy!

Blogilates 

Pilates Instructor Casey Ho has over ten years of experience on YouTube and has a following of over 5 million people. Her workouts are Pilates-based and are targeted toward gaining control over your body. Her videos range from 5 minutes to 45 minutes and are usually targeted at toning a specific part of your body. She infuses her workouts with messages of body positivity and really emphasizes listening to your body which makes her videos a perfect place to start!

Yoga with Adriene

Ae high-intensity workouts, not your thing? Well, Adriene offers an immense range of yoga exercises for every level of flexibility. Her yoga videos range from a 15 minute morning yoga session to a more intense 45-minute yoga class. She takes you through the sun salutations while helping you get in touch with your body. Overall this is a great way to get some physical activity in or help recover your body after an intense workout session.

Natacha Oceane

If you’re looking for a quick but effective way to work out throughout the day, look no further. Trainer Natacha Oceane offers a variety of high-intensity interval training, or HIIT, workouts for free on her YouTube channel with over a million subscribers. In addition to posting workouts on her channel, she posts videos about the importance of eating well and enough while you are on your fitness journey. Her workouts are usually no equipment and no noise, making them perfect for working out at home!

Whichever of these fitness YouTubers you choose to follow, or if you choose to implement your own routine, remember to be patient and kind to your body. Congratulate yourself for beginning your fitness journey!