Behind the Scenes Staffs at LFU/LFHS are Key to a Successful Campus

Betty Guerrero, Staff Writer

Many students don’t understand or know what goes on behind the scenes at LFU or LFHS on a regular day of high school. The staff work hard every day to ensure safety, health, and knowledge to the students. 

Many small factors make up a school day from the custodians making the floors and bathroom tidy and clean for students to feel comfortable, to the lunch ladies preparing hundreds of meals daily for students to eat. In each one of their classes, teachers give lectures to grant their students knowledge of various subjects, and the counselors give students advice on different topics. 

To start the day, students arrive at a clean school and are welcome to grab breakfast, thanks to the custodians and lunch ladies, then the students are dismissed to go to their first class to be taught a subject from their teachers. The next period is the same, but for the teachers, they are repeating the same material to teach their students. When lunch time comes, students are dismissed to the cafeteria to get their lunch from the lunch lines provided by the lunch ladies once again. The jobs that no one really recognizes are the ladies that work in the front office reception and the security guards.

“I normally just go to school to see my friends then come home, so I never really paid attention to how much the staff really take care of us,” said one LFU student who chose to remain anonymous. 

School teachers have to deal with their jobs alone, but having to deal with unsympathetic kids too can really harm their mindset.  Having an attitude and disrespecting your teachers in class can get you in trouble and can hurt the teachers too. Respect and gratitude should be given to all the school staff for what they endure every day. 

The LFU and LFHS staff have different jobs but they all fit together like a puzzle to reach a common goal of benefiting the students.