The student news site of Los Fresnos High School in Los Fresnos, Texas

The True meaning behind Astrology

February 9, 2021

Birth Chart (Anna Martinez)

What is Astrology?

For centuries, astrology has been something interested humans, but it brings into question, “What is Astrology”? According to “howstuffworks.com”, astrology is the study of the influence that distant cosmic objects, usually stars and planets, have on human lives. The position of the sun, stars, moon, and planets at the time of people’s birth (not their conception) is said to shape their personality, affect their romantic relationships and predict their economic fortunes, among other divinations. What makes Astrology so interesting is that everyone’s is different. Everyone has a birth chart that is unique to them.

Zodiac Signs

In Astrology, there are 12 zodiac signs that you can be. These depend on when you were born. The signs are Aries, Leo, Cancer, Pisces, Scorpio, Taurus, Sagittarius, Gemini, Virgo, Libra, Capricorn, and Aquarius.

What is Your Birth Chart?

When talking about Astrology your birth chart is a big part of it. You may ask what is your birth chart and what is included in it? Your birth chart is a summary of all the signs you are on different planets. It also includes your ascendent and moon signs.

Rising, Moon, and Everything in Between

When thinking about your rising and moon signs you have to keep in mind there is a lot to unfold. The short version is that your rising sign (also known as ascendant) is how your outer personality is perceived by others, and how we interact with the world. Our moon sign shows our deepest feelings and instinctual responses. With that, we also have signs on other planets that have meanings as well. Planets can mean a number of things about you. Mercury means communication. Venus is your preference. Mars is your motivation. Jupiter is Expansion. Saturn has to do with your responsibility. Uranus has to do with your freedom. Neptune is your Spirituality. Pluto means Transformation.

How to Learn More

Watching videos and reading articles online can be a great way to start learning about Astrology. It can be an interesting topic that can open the doors for other topics. Many people believe that Astrology has a big impact on who you are and what type of person you are. Although many people believe this, it is up to you to decide.  Some will even claim that your sign is what makes you more compatible with someone. In relationships and friendships.

Finding Your Birth Chart

People often wonder how you can find your birth chart. You can go on many websites to find them out or even on Snapchat! A good website to find out your birth chart is: https://astro.cafeastrology.com/natal.php

The Talon • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Talon Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *