The student news site of Los Fresnos High School in Los Fresnos, Texas

Things That Help Keep a Person Healthy

Being healthy benefits the human body in the best ways possible. Exercising, getting 8 hours worth of rest, and eating 3 to 4 healthy meals a day, are great ways to be in good physical condition. Many factors will come across us and divert us from achieving our goal of being fit and healthy.  In addition, a person should be having strong discipline and will power to accomplish their desired result.

Fitness is one of the many ways to stay healthy, it can be done at home or at a gym. Being fit benefits the human body by strengthening a person’s heart and improves their circulation and even athletic performance. The increased blood flow raises the oxygen levels in a person’s body. This helps lower the risk of heart diseases such as high cholesterol, coronary artery disease, and heart attacks. Regular exercise can also lower your blood pressure and triglyceride levels. For example, Manny Perez, a student that attends Rivera High School, gives us information on his fitness journey. Manny is 16 years old, he goes to the gym twice a day, and has a dietary plan. Keeping track of his meals is what’s most important to him. Manny’s meals consist of lean meats, vegetables, fruits, and low-fat dairy.

Having a meal plan depends on your diet, it helps to maintain a good body shape, and a good tone in your muscles. When trying to stay healthy, avoid fast food and junk food, these foods will not provide any nutrients to your body. Exercise and diet are linked to each other when it comes to good health and weight loss. Proteins are essential for people of every age group, they do a lot of important work in our cells. For example, proteins move molecules around in our bodies, build internal structures in our cells, and break down toxins.

Sleep plays an important role in your physical health, it reduces stress and improves a person’s mood. Sleep can boost your immune system. When a person’s body gets the sleep it needs your immune cells and proteins get the rest they require to fight off what ever comes their way. For example, like colds, flu, and viruses. Not only does sleep strengthen learning and memories, it as well has the ability to prioritize memories by breaking them up and organizing them according to their emotional importance.

Overall, there are three factors that can improve a person’s health. Those factors are getting enough sleep, maintaining a healthy diet, and exercising. It is important to maintain health and fitness of not just our physical self but our mental self as well, to have a happy and fulfilled life. The maintenance of these should be taught to children at a young age so that they are used to doing certain activities and are motivated to continue doing them as they grow up.

The Talon • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Talon Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *